Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Creating a MySite Host in SharePoint 2013

This is a simple step by step guide to create a My Site Host in SharePoint 2013.

Initially, create a Web Application:


In the Create Web Application page, specify whether to use an existing IIS web site or create a new

Specify authentication type


You can either choose an existing application pool or specify a new. Its best that the database name and the new application pool name  is changed to a readable format. For an example DB name could go as WSS_Content_SiteName

Click ok and the web application will get created. Next step is to create the site collection. When the web application is created the page provides an option to create a site collection. In the create site collection page, user has to select the site template. Choose "My Site Host" under Enterprise tab.
Now the "MySite Host" is created. It is required to add a managed path for the ease of personal site creations for the users.
In the web application list select the web application dedicated to the my site. Select managed paths and add a managed path. Eg: "personal".


The final step would be to set up the My Site. Go to the user profile service application. Select "Setup My Sites" which is under "My Site Settings". In the My Site settings page change the "My Site Host location" to the created My Site Host url.

In the "Personal Site Location" section provide the managed path specified in the earlier step.

The "Site Naming Format" is used to define the personal site naming format


No comments:

Post a Comment